Previous Posts

Archives

Contact
Film Raider
Saturday, January 10, 2004

Rants - House Cleaning

Further to my last post; in addition to posting more, I also intend to revamp the look of this space. I hope to lose the standard template in favor of something a little more customized. Witch Blade I finally saw an episode of the series Witch Blade last night. Yeah, I know, it’s been canceled for almost a year now. What can I say; I’m a little backed up. It was the two-hour series premiere. I was very impressed, especially with the director’s style. It’s a darn shame it’s already cancelled. More than once in my life I’ve stumbled across a show that was on its last legs that I’ve really enjoyed. But this is the first time I procrastinated in checking out a show for so long that it was already long gone before I ever saw it. But at least there are reruns. Battlestar Galactica While in TV mode, I think it’s time I make mention of the new Battlestar Galactica. Like most fans of the old TV show, I was less than thrilled when I heard about all of the changes that they had in store for the new remake. I have to admit all of my fears were groundless. The new mini-series was superior in just about every respect to the original. And for the most part, the changes made to the storyline were improvements on the original version. My one regret is that Dirk Benedict was nowhere to be found. But if they had to replace him as Starbuck, they couldn’t have found a better choice than Katee Sackhoff; even if it did involve a little gender bending to the character. Here’s hoping that the good ratings that the miniseries received will lead to it becoming a regular series. For me it couldn’t come too quickly, the miniseries kind of left us hanging, and I’m looking forward to seeing some resolutions.

Post a Comment

Powered for Blogger by Blogger templates