Previous Posts

Archives

Contact
Film Raider
Tuesday, October 01, 2002

Rants - Thanks Apple

Just wanted to extend my thanks to the morons over at Apple computer’s QuickTime division. On the weekend I made the mistake of trying to download the full screen version of the new Star Trek: Nemesis trailer from Apple’s QuickTime Trailer site. Unfortunately, little did I know that Apple's wondrous QuickTime 6 was going to feel the need to change the display settings on my computer and in the process break the display driver. Good one Apple. More thanks to the bozos at HP (who built my computer) for the appalling lack of technical documentation about my machine at their new and improved web site. I wasn't even expecting to be able to get the driver from them, but a little heads up as to what type of video cards they put in their systems would have been nice. Anyway, I muddled through and located the model of my machine's ATI video card. More loving thanks to them for the blistering 2 K/s download speeds that I got from their support site. I've haven't seen a 1.5 Meg file take so long to download since my dial-up days. Odd though, the rest of ATI's site was plenty fast (you know, the parts that are geared towards selling product). I guess you don't count as much after you have already forked over your cash. But at least HP and ATI have should give Apple some comfort in knowing that they aren't the only incompetent high tech firm out there. Needless to say, my next machine will be a Gateway, with an nVidia graphics card running Windows Media Player.

Post a Comment

Powered for Blogger by Blogger templates